Private Grouse and Woodcock Hunting from the Lodge
During the month of October, experience upland bird hunting at its finest while enjoying the luxury of the Lodge at Moosehead Lake! You’ll experience world-class upland bird cover and some of the best hunting in New England.
Enjoy two nights at the Lodge with a full day hunting. Razzmatazz and Finnegan, two AKC English Cocker senior and master hunter title birding dogs, will be your companions in the field. These beautiful field champions, along with David Giampetruzzi, Registered Maine Guide have a real passion for the sport. David, a retired U.S. Army Lt. Colonel, has lived his entire life in Maine and has made the pursuit of upland game birds a lifelong challenge.
- RazzmatazzAvailable during October only
- Two nights at the Lodge for 1 or 2 person(s)
- Full day hunting (9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Breakfast every morning and lunch on your hunt included
- David will prepare your birds and serve them in the privacy of Chloe’s pub with the appropriate beverage as an appetizer for 2.
You’ll find the Moosehead Lake area scenic, remote and a hunter’s paradise. The expansion of the pulp paper industry, abandoned apple orchards and old farm places has improved the habitat conditions for grouse.
Guide requires Liability Waiver
- $1255 for 2 nights and 1 day hunting
- Add another full day hunting for $849 (day and 1 night stay)
- Upgrade to suites if available
- *Hunting package is based on availability and designed for 1 or 2 guests.
Please fill out questionnaire to help the guide customize your experience.
Hunting Client Questionnaire.
Then take a two hour scenic drive to the Lodge at Moosehead Lake. With a glass of wine, you can take in the breathtaking sunset over Moosehead Lake and surrounding mountains. Enjoy your choice of one: Free dinner entrées for 2 when available; 30% off Moose Safari and Wildlife Tour for 2 in the North woods, led by the Lodge’s Registered Maine Guide or a free whitewater rafting trip for 1.
Sunrise to Sunset in Maine
The Inn at Sunrise Point and the Lodge at Moosehead Lake invite you to experience the best that Maine has to offer. Watch the sun rise over Penobscot Bay, indulge in a sumptuous breakfast while watching the lobstermen at work a few yards from our beach; chase the sun across the waters sailing on the Windjammer Surprise, a 91 year old schooner on the National Register of Historic Places that offers 2 hour day sails out of Camden Harbor.
- 3 days/2 nights at the Inn at Sunrise Point – ocean view room in the inn
- 3 days/2 nights at the Lodge at Moosehead Lake – lake view room in the Lodge
- Complimentary 2-course gourmet breakfast each morning
- Windjammer Surprise schooner cruise in Camden
- ACTIVITY DISCOUNTS – CHOOSE ONE: 30% off Moose Safari ($249); 1 FREE whitewater rafting trip ($100); FREE dinner entrées for 2 when available.
- Package price: $1600 double occupancy, plus tax
- Upgrades to suites or cottages at either inn based on availability; call either inn to setup full vacation package
- Available June through October
Extended Stay Special Save $500
Stay for 5 continuous nights anytime between May 1st and June 18th in the Mt. Kineo suite for only $2,199 plus tax. That's more than a $500 savings for our 2 bedroom luxury accommodation that sleeps four in comfort and privacy. This suite offers a panoramic view of Moosehead Lake and the surrounding mountains along with a full kitchen and dining area. These months are best for fly fishing and moose sightings, especially if you would like to see moose and their new calves.
This special rate includes:
- Hearty North woods breakfast every morning
- All of the Lodge's many amenities
- Housekeeping service every other day including kitchen clean up (no nightly turndown service)
- Sheet change on your third night
This special only applies to the Mt. Kineo suite.
Call of the WILD life!
Are you planning a trip to Moosehead Lake to see North American Moose and explore the North woods? If so, this package is perfect. Stay at the Lodge and spend a full afternoon with your own private Registered Maine guide. This trip will leave mid-day. Travel by vehicle to private and remote locations or include canoeing and/or hiking to areas frequented by our famous moose. It’s up to you.
It is common to see white-tail deer, beavers at work building a dam, loons, ducks, fox, snowshoe hares, gray squirrels, possibly a bald eagle and, of course, moose. The terrain, rivers, lakes, flora and natural grandeur will be as original as the Lodge itself. Enjoy dinner prepared over an open fire or camp stove. Truly memorable!
- Two night stay in a Lodge room – suite upgrades may be available or extend your stay
- Two course breakfast every morning
- Eight hour exploration of Moosehead Lake
- North woods animal checklist
- Open fire dinner with options of steak or salmon. Special diets can be accommodated.
- Package price starting at $1,229 double occupancy; plus tax and gratuity
AVAILABLE: May – October; All ability levels; Limit party of 2; Dinner included;
*Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
Honey & Soul Package
(for Anniversaries, Honeymoons, Birthdays or just because)
Relaxation, romance, relationships come easily at the Lodge. With a reputation for quality and attention for detail, we will make your stay a truly memorable experience.
- 3 days/2 nights luxury Lodge room with lake view
- Champagne with strawberries hand-dipped in semi-sweet chocolate upon arrival
- Complimentary, hearty breakfast to fuel you for the day’s adventures
- A Massage for Two in your room or inquire about our Lily Bay Spa Service
- Mounted, commemorative 4” x 6” photograph of the two of you
- Welcome gift: 500 page “Select Registry” Travel Guide with “Frequent Visitor” program
- Rates available from June - October
Relaxation in Moosehead bliss from $919 plus tax, double occupancy for Lodge lake view rooms; ask about Carriage House Suite upgrades based on availability.
No special can be combined with any other discount or offer including AAA discount or Select Registry loyalty program.
In Room Extras
...to make your stay perfect!
Champagne and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
$50 (plus tax)
Toast your time at the lodge with a bottle of bubbly and strawberries hand-dipped in semi-sweet chocolate…sweet memories.
Cheese & Fruit Plate with bottle of House Wine
$49 (plus tax)
Relax and unwind after a day of activities with our wine and cheese plate. An array of imported and domestic cheeses, crackers, fresh fruit, and a bottle of Chardonnay, Merlot, or Cabernet Sauvignon delivered to your room. It’s a perfect way to enjoy the late afternoon by the fire or out on the summer patio.
Special Occasion Flowers
$50 (plus tax)
Perfect for a honeymoon, anniversary, or simply to set the mood, we'll have a bouquet of artfully arranged flowers waiting in your room. Make it perfect by customizing with a favorite color. We ask for 48 hour notice.
$35 (plus tax)
Celebrating a birthday or other special occasion? Keep the tradition – we’ll be happy to arrange for a gourmet 6 inch layer cake. Let us know your favorite flavor from chocolate, golden yellow, coconut, lemon, carrot, or whatever you desire and we’ll make it just for you. We ask for 48 hour notice.
Picnic Lunch for Two
$39 (plus tax)
We can create a menu to suit your tastes. Includes chef choice of side snacks, seasonal fruit, and fresh baked cookies, specially packed for a day outing at Moosehead - including a picnic blanket! A bottle of wine from our wine list can be added. It is ready by 9:00 am. We ask for 24 hour notice.
Ghirardelli® Hot Chocolate
$10 (plus tax)
A special thermos of Ghirardelli hot chocolate for your winter activity is available from the Lodge. It comes with two cups and will stay hot for hours. Order 24 hours in advance.
$399 (plus tax)
Order the remembrance package to be delivered to your room. Included are two luxurious full-length Moosehead Lake Robes detailed with an elegant welt pocket and the Lodge logo, two crystal champagne flutes with etched moose and a bottle of chilled La Francasie Brut by Taittinger.