The lodge is all decked out for the holidays with lights trimming the eaves and fireplace mantel, Christmas stockings on the dining chairs, large poinsettias, greenery down the railing, fresh wreaths on all the dining room winters and much more. Enjoy the holidays at the lodge; a few rooms are still available for NYE so reserve your space now. This is just the place to reduce the stress of all your holiday planning and put things right for the new year. See you soon!
Enjoy the natural beauty of the North woods fall foliage and the solitude of a canoe ride on a remote mountain pond. This special four hour trip during September and early October starts with a walking trail to the pond where a canoe has been stored for your ride. Our own Registered Maine guide will provide area stories and wildlife knowledge. Paddle through the quiet beauty listening to the water drop from your paddle and loons call through the air. It is a respite you’ll long remember. Call the lodge 207-695-4400 to reserve your trip with a lodging stay.
This season, we have changed the Lodge dining schedule. We serve dinner only in the Lakeview Dining Room to our lodging guests and we accept a limited number of reservations from the public. This has allowed us to focus on providing a premium dining experience. The menu is Ala Carte and focuses on Up North Cuisine, casual, warm and comfortable, like the Lodge itself. When weather permits, we also serve on the deck under the stars. Chloe’s Pub is not open to the public but remains available to lodging guests along with the newly constructed fire pit. Around the fire pit, guests can order a “Smores” kit, enjoy an outdoor wood fire and watch the stars dazzle against a black sky.
This is a common question by many guests so we are going to take this blog post to answer it. The lodge became a country inn in 1995. Our goal is to offer discerning travelers the opportunity to surround themselves with authentic North woods décor, cuisine, and a full slate of comforts and amenities. The original owners started down this path and we wanted to bring this back adding some of our own touches as well. We stay in every room throughout the year just to be sure it is comfortable and not missing something. Some of our changes are here:
- New 2-bedroom suite “Mt. Kineo” that can accommodate 2 couples or teenage children, etc.
- New Katahdin bathroom with enlarged tile shower, floor, double Jacuzzi-style tub and new vanity
- New parking lot within easy access of the suites
- New septic system
- Drainage system around the lodge
- Remodeled dining room with bench seating
- New white cedar fencing around the parking areas
- New website with real time availability and booking engine.
- New HD TVs in the Bear, Moose, and Allagash Suite
- Compact refrigerators added to the Loon and Totem rooms
- New Keurig single serve coffee makers in the suites
- New CD clock radios in the suites with MP3 player plug-ins
- New white towels that are Egyptian cotton in the suites and Turkish cotton in the lodge rooms.
- New luxury chocolate brown bathrobes
- New patio umbrellas
- Front porch rebuilt
- New covered dining entrance
- New roof on the lodge
- Newly designed amenities for all the rooms
- New glassware for bar and dining
- Redesigned and landscaped gardens throughout the lodge property
- New window treatments, custom shower curtains, duvets and some reupholstered chairs in the Moose, Baxter Suite, Totem, Trout, and Mt. Kineo suite. This winter will be doing the Loon and Bear rooms.
- New “Up North Cuisine” dinner menu based on guest input – more casual, flexible and continues the warm comfortable feeling of the lodge.
- Martini Menu including the Mooseopolitan™ Martini.
- Wood burning furnace that heats the lodge and water to save on oil use.
- Resource of hiking trails in each room
- Annual guest surveys to see how we are doing and identify opportunities.
- Full concierges’ services for reserving dinner and activities.
Family and friends have told us for years that our home was warm and inviting. This is what drew us to the Lodge. It is great to share with so many!