This season, we have changed the Lodge dining schedule. We serve dinner only in the Lakeview Dining Room to our lodging guests and we accept a limited number of reservations from the public. This has allowed us to focus on providing a premium dining experience. The menu is Ala Carte and focuses on Up North Cuisine, casual, warm and comfortable, like the Lodge itself. When weather permits, we also serve on the deck under the stars. Chloe’s Pub is not open to the public but remains available to lodging guests along with the newly constructed fire pit. Around the fire pit, guests can order a “Smores” kit, enjoy an outdoor wood fire and watch the stars dazzle against a black sky.
Archive for the ‘reservations’ Category
This is a common question by many guests so we are going to take this blog post to answer it. The lodge became a country inn in 1995. Our goal is to offer discerning travelers the opportunity to surround themselves with authentic North woods décor, cuisine, and a full slate of comforts and amenities. The original owners started down this path and we wanted to bring this back adding some of our own touches as well. We stay in every room throughout the year just to be sure it is comfortable and not missing something. Some of our changes are here:
- New 2-bedroom suite “Mt. Kineo” that can accommodate 2 couples or teenage children, etc.
- New Katahdin bathroom with enlarged tile shower, floor, double Jacuzzi-style tub and new vanity
- New parking lot within easy access of the suites
- New septic system
- Drainage system around the lodge
- Remodeled dining room with bench seating
- New white cedar fencing around the parking areas
- New website with real time availability and booking engine.
- New HD TVs in the Bear, Moose, and Allagash Suite
- Compact refrigerators added to the Loon and Totem rooms
- New Keurig single serve coffee makers in the suites
- New CD clock radios in the suites with MP3 player plug-ins
- New white towels that are Egyptian cotton in the suites and Turkish cotton in the lodge rooms.
- New luxury chocolate brown bathrobes
- New patio umbrellas
- Front porch rebuilt
- New covered dining entrance
- New roof on the lodge
- Newly designed amenities for all the rooms
- New glassware for bar and dining
- Redesigned and landscaped gardens throughout the lodge property
- New window treatments, custom shower curtains, duvets and some reupholstered chairs in the Moose, Baxter Suite, Totem, Trout, and Mt. Kineo suite. This winter will be doing the Loon and Bear rooms.
- New “Up North Cuisine” dinner menu based on guest input – more casual, flexible and continues the warm comfortable feeling of the lodge.
- Martini Menu including the Mooseopolitan™ Martini.
- Wood burning furnace that heats the lodge and water to save on oil use.
- Resource of hiking trails in each room
- Annual guest surveys to see how we are doing and identify opportunities.
- Full concierges’ services for reserving dinner and activities.
Family and friends have told us for years that our home was warm and inviting. This is what drew us to the Lodge. It is great to share with so many!
The 30 Mile Wilderness Dogsled race is scheduled for February 6th starting at 11:30 AM. It begins and ends in Greenville Maine at the Maine Warden Service. Sled dog teams race up the lake, crossing Lily Bay Road and jumping on the trail that connects to the 100 Mile Wilderness area over Appalachian Mountain Club Camp to Camp Ski Trails and Plum Creek Timberland Property.
Many Viewing points, one of the best being at West Branch Pond Camps in Frenchtown Township. Easy access downtown at Warden Service in Greenville at race start. For more info and map check out our website and come back to the Lodge for a Cozy Winter Weekend that includes a full breakfast and a winter supper.
Keeping our wine list current and enjoyable requires ongoing maintenance. Dennis and Linda attended a wine tasting sponsored by our distributor in Bar Harbor. As Dennis says, “This is a tough job, but someone has to do it.” We were looking for a great Sauvignon Blanc and less oak Chardonnay based on guests requests.
Down hill skiing, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, dog sledding, snow mobiling, AND absolutely NOTHING but being pampered?? Snuggle up in the Great Room in front of a roaring fire, put your feet up, sip a favorite beverage, nibble on something delicious, & then just ssssnnnoooooozzzzzzzzzeeee off! We won’t let anyone disturb you!!!