Enjoy the natural beauty of the North woods fall foliage and the solitude of a canoe ride on a remote mountain pond. This special four hour trip during September and early October starts with a walking trail to the pond where a canoe has been stored for your ride. Our own Registered Maine guide will provide area stories and wildlife knowledge. Paddle through the quiet beauty listening to the water drop from your paddle and loons call through the air. It is a respite you’ll long remember. Call the lodge 207-695-4400 to reserve your trip with a lodging stay.
Archive for the ‘moosehead lake’ Category
This is a common question by many guests so we are going to take this blog post to answer it. The lodge became a country inn in 1995. Our goal is to offer discerning travelers the opportunity to surround themselves with authentic North woods décor, cuisine, and a full slate of comforts and amenities. The original owners started down this path and we wanted to bring this back adding some of our own touches as well. We stay in every room throughout the year just to be sure it is comfortable and not missing something. Some of our changes are here:
- New 2-bedroom suite “Mt. Kineo” that can accommodate 2 couples or teenage children, etc.
- New Katahdin bathroom with enlarged tile shower, floor, double Jacuzzi-style tub and new vanity
- New parking lot within easy access of the suites
- New septic system
- Drainage system around the lodge
- Remodeled dining room with bench seating
- New white cedar fencing around the parking areas
- New website with real time availability and booking engine.
- New HD TVs in the Bear, Moose, and Allagash Suite
- Compact refrigerators added to the Loon and Totem rooms
- New Keurig single serve coffee makers in the suites
- New CD clock radios in the suites with MP3 player plug-ins
- New white towels that are Egyptian cotton in the suites and Turkish cotton in the lodge rooms.
- New luxury chocolate brown bathrobes
- New patio umbrellas
- Front porch rebuilt
- New covered dining entrance
- New roof on the lodge
- Newly designed amenities for all the rooms
- New glassware for bar and dining
- Redesigned and landscaped gardens throughout the lodge property
- New window treatments, custom shower curtains, duvets and some reupholstered chairs in the Moose, Baxter Suite, Totem, Trout, and Mt. Kineo suite. This winter will be doing the Loon and Bear rooms.
- New “Up North Cuisine” dinner menu based on guest input – more casual, flexible and continues the warm comfortable feeling of the lodge.
- Martini Menu including the Mooseopolitan™ Martini.
- Wood burning furnace that heats the lodge and water to save on oil use.
- Resource of hiking trails in each room
- Annual guest surveys to see how we are doing and identify opportunities.
- Full concierges’ services for reserving dinner and activities.
Family and friends have told us for years that our home was warm and inviting. This is what drew us to the Lodge. It is great to share with so many!
Lodge guests enjoyed breakfast on the patio overlooking this view this morning. It was in the 70s with bright blue sky. A full breakfast bar featuring fresh fruit, juices, cereal and fresh made banana bread started their meal with a bacon, broccoli and cheese frittata to get them on their way to a fun filled day of moose watching, hiking, rafting and so much more.
The Lodge at Moosehead Lake has been distinguished by Karen Brown Readers as New England’s Splendid Splurge for 2010. Karen Brown is well known for her seventeen travel guides featuring both places to stay and suggestions for regional, countryside itineraries for destinations around the world. Each award winning property is visited personally and given selective and candid evaluations.
This is the third year of the Karen Brown Readers’ Choice Awards. Readers are solicited via website for their votes and asked to help honor what they consider to be the best of the best in four categories: Most Romantic, Warmest Welcome, Splendid Splurge and Greatest Value.
Director of Maine Tourism, Pat Eltman continued. “Congratulations to you and thanks for all you do to help make Maine such a great place to visit.”
The Lodge continues to do improvements to provide first class accommodations to our guests. Currently we are rebuilding the front porch with new decking (made from recycled milk cartons) and in keeping with the 1917 Cape Cod styling representative of the Lodge at Moosehead Lake. This will be completed in the next few days, in good time for you to enjoy.