Archive for the ‘guest-services’ Category
Monday, July 30th, 2012
Duygu is one of the Lodge’s Room Attendants. She and Songul (left) are here for the summer from Turkey practicing their English and enjoying the guests from all over the world. To their delight, they found we use Turkish towels – some of the finest cotton in the world, lots of big white fluffy towels in every room.
Tables are readied for guest breakfast on the deck by Songul. It’s a beautiful summer morning at the Lodge at Moosehead Lake and guests love to eat outside. These young ladies have been able to learn about the Moosehead Lake area. They have taken a white water rafting trip, Moose Safari, Katahdin Cruise, state fair, enjoyed the beach and much more. Both plan to be English teachers in their homeland.
Friday, January 21st, 2011
AAA Four Diamond Award winners must consistently deliver superior hospitality, service and amenities in high-quality, comfortable surroundings. To achieve this level of service is a commendable accomplishment and AAA has bestowed this honor on The Lodge at Moosehead Lake for the seventeenth consecutive year…..a record unequaled in inland Maine. We are committed to the continuation of this proud heritage of providing guests with a high-quality, memorable experience each and every time they visit the Lodge.
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010
This is a common question by many guests so we are going to take this blog post to answer it. The lodge became a country inn in 1995. Our goal is to offer discerning travelers the opportunity to surround themselves with authentic North woods décor, cuisine, and a full slate of comforts and amenities. The original owners started down this path and we wanted to bring this back adding some of our own touches as well. We stay in every room throughout the year just to be sure it is comfortable and not missing something. Some of our changes are here:
- New 2-bedroom suite “Mt. Kineo” that can accommodate 2 couples or teenage children, etc.
- New Katahdin bathroom with enlarged tile shower, floor, double Jacuzzi-style tub and new vanity
- New parking lot within easy access of the suites
- New septic system
- Drainage system around the lodge
- Remodeled dining room with bench seating
- New white cedar fencing around the parking areas
- New website with real time availability and booking engine.
- New HD TVs in the Bear, Moose, and Allagash Suite
- Compact refrigerators added to the Loon and Totem rooms
- New Keurig single serve coffee makers in the suites
- New CD clock radios in the suites with MP3 player plug-ins
- New white towels that are Egyptian cotton in the suites and Turkish cotton in the lodge rooms.
- New luxury chocolate brown bathrobes
- New patio umbrellas
- Front porch rebuilt
- New covered dining entrance
- New roof on the lodge
- Newly designed amenities for all the rooms
- New glassware for bar and dining
- Redesigned and landscaped gardens throughout the lodge property
- New window treatments, custom shower curtains, duvets and some reupholstered chairs in the Moose, Baxter Suite, Totem, Trout, and Mt. Kineo suite. This winter will be doing the Loon and Bear rooms.
- New “Up North Cuisine” dinner menu based on guest input – more casual, flexible and continues the warm comfortable feeling of the lodge.
- Martini Menu including the Mooseopolitan™ Martini.
- Wood burning furnace that heats the lodge and water to save on oil use.
- Resource of hiking trails in each room
- Annual guest surveys to see how we are doing and identify opportunities.
- Full concierges’ services for reserving dinner and activities.
Family and friends have told us for years that our home was warm and inviting. This is what drew us to the Lodge. It is great to share with so many!
Sunday, June 13th, 2010
The Lodge at Moosehead Lake has been distinquished by Karen Brown Readers as New England’s Splendid Splurge for 2010. Karen Brown is well known for her seventeen travel guides featuring both places to stay and suggestions for regional, countryside itineraries for destinations around the world. Each award winning property is visited personnally and given selective and candid evaluations.
This is the third year of the Karen Brown Readers’ Choice Awards. Readers are solicited via website for their votes and asked to help honor what they consider to be the best of the best in four categoires: Most Romantic, Warmest Welcome, Splendid Splurge and Greatest Value.
According to Karen Brown Herbert, “We are honestly thrilled and find it very deserving that the Lodge at Moosehead Lake has received special recognition AGAIN.” (The Lodge received the 2008 award for Most Romantic.) All award winners can be viewed in the 2010 travel guide editions and on the http://www.karenbrown.com
website. ”Your award simply serves as confirmation of the luxurious accomodation, exceptional service and incredible value you offer your guests. Thank you for setting such high standards in hospitality”, added Karen Brown Herbert, President, writer and publisher of Karen Brown Travel Guides.
Director of Maine Tourism, Pat Eltman continued. “Congratulations to you and thanks for all you do to help make Maine such a great place to visit.”
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009
Chloe’s responsibilities as V.P. of Guest Relations mean long days. When she gets a few minutes for herself, she has been researching the relaxing powers of the hot stone massage technique. As you can see, she takes her research seriously.
Sunday, April 26th, 2009
The Lodge has new bathrobes for our guest rooms and spa services. These robes are from the same manufacturer as the previous robes but are in the new chocolate brown with our gold moosehead logo. Find our robes available for sale at the Lodge or on our website. Click here for ordering details. We do hope you will enjoy them.