This was taken minutes ago from the Lodge at Moosehead Lake deck. Amazing winter night.
Archive for the ‘greenville’ Category
These photos were taken this morning at the start of the 100 mile dog sled race in Greenville, Maine. They will end their trip at the Fish & Wildlife offices with a bonfire and celebrate the winners. The dogs were beautiful and ready to run. The guide used at the lodge was participating and the conditions were perfect. Be sure to schedule a once in a lifetime experience when you stay at the lodge this winter.
AAA Four Diamond Award winners must consistently deliver superior hospitality, service and amenities in high-quality, comfortable surroundings. To achieve this level of service is a commendable accomplishment and AAA has bestowed this honor on The Lodge at Moosehead Lake for the seventeenth consecutive year…..a record unequaled in inland Maine. We are committed to the continuation of this proud heritage of providing guests with a high-quality, memorable experience each and every time they visit the Lodge.
This is a common question by many guests so we are going to take this blog post to answer it. The lodge became a country inn in 1995. Our goal is to offer discerning travelers the opportunity to surround themselves with authentic North woods décor, cuisine, and a full slate of comforts and amenities. The original owners started down this path and we wanted to bring this back adding some of our own touches as well. We stay in every room throughout the year just to be sure it is comfortable and not missing something. Some of our changes are here:
- New 2-bedroom suite “Mt. Kineo” that can accommodate 2 couples or teenage children, etc.
- New Katahdin bathroom with enlarged tile shower, floor, double Jacuzzi-style tub and new vanity
- New parking lot within easy access of the suites
- New septic system
- Drainage system around the lodge
- Remodeled dining room with bench seating
- New white cedar fencing around the parking areas
- New website with real time availability and booking engine.
- New HD TVs in the Bear, Moose, and Allagash Suite
- Compact refrigerators added to the Loon and Totem rooms
- New Keurig single serve coffee makers in the suites
- New CD clock radios in the suites with MP3 player plug-ins
- New white towels that are Egyptian cotton in the suites and Turkish cotton in the lodge rooms.
- New luxury chocolate brown bathrobes
- New patio umbrellas
- Front porch rebuilt
- New covered dining entrance
- New roof on the lodge
- Newly designed amenities for all the rooms
- New glassware for bar and dining
- Redesigned and landscaped gardens throughout the lodge property
- New window treatments, custom shower curtains, duvets and some reupholstered chairs in the Moose, Baxter Suite, Totem, Trout, and Mt. Kineo suite. This winter will be doing the Loon and Bear rooms.
- New “Up North Cuisine” dinner menu based on guest input – more casual, flexible and continues the warm comfortable feeling of the lodge.
- Martini Menu including the Mooseopolitan™ Martini.
- Wood burning furnace that heats the lodge and water to save on oil use.
- Resource of hiking trails in each room
- Annual guest surveys to see how we are doing and identify opportunities.
- Full concierges’ services for reserving dinner and activities.
Family and friends have told us for years that our home was warm and inviting. This is what drew us to the Lodge. It is great to share with so many!